A Question Regarding Story Progression, Pets, and Pregnancy.

The original catch all. General game help, banter, things you should probably put in the correct forum, This is the place.
Post Reply
Talonflare
Reactions:
Posts: 3
Joined: May 3rd, 2019, 9:05 pm

A Question Regarding Story Progression, Pets, and Pregnancy.

Post by Talonflare » May 3rd, 2019, 9:14 pm

I would've put this in the correct forum but I don't seem to be able to. If someone could move this thread to where it's supposed to be that would be great.

Now onto the question, the question being how do I have new pets being born every now and again in the overworld. The Story Progression mod states that the pregnancy manager periodically runs a scenario that couples pets together and impregnates them, but this never ever happens despite the fact that I have Chance Of Attempt: Pets at 80% and Increased Chance Of Attempt: Pets at 20%. I'm wondering if there's a setting I'm missing, is that the case?

deedee_828
Reactions:
Posts: 90
Joined: October 24th, 2018, 4:32 pm

A Question Regarding Story Progression, Pets, and Pregnancy.

Post by deedee_828 » May 5th, 2019, 1:56 am

This may seem like a silly question but do your families have pets? Make sure you are allowing pets in town. Due to Isla Paradiso's routing issues, I disallowed pets in that town, but as soon as I moved to the next town I allowed them again and families started adopting them. Are you getting messages that pets are being adopted? How long is your puppy/kitten stage? The longer they take to grow up, the longer time between pairing them up and having more puppies and kittens. I've limited households to 3 pets so my towns don't get over run and I've had neighborhood pets get paired up and have 1 or 2 babies. And I've never adjusted the chance of attempt or increased chance of attempt, just left them at defaults. Oh, and watch out if you have Varg's Tavern or any other community lots with stairs as Sims constantly take their puppies and kittens to those places and leave them there. Then they get trapped as they can't go up or down stairs! I am constantly having to rescue/reset them. Good luck on filling up your town with new pets!

deedee_828
Reactions:
Posts: 90
Joined: October 24th, 2018, 4:32 pm

A Question Regarding Story Progression, Pets, and Pregnancy.

Post by deedee_828 » May 6th, 2019, 5:04 am

I just played in Appaloosa Plains in my Town Jump game, and 2 neighborhood pets from different inactive households just became the proud parents of 2 new puppies! So SP does manage that for the town. And I haven't changed anything for that to happen. Welcome to Buck and Smokey Pelly!

Talonflare
Reactions:
Posts: 3
Joined: May 3rd, 2019, 9:05 pm

A Question Regarding Story Progression, Pets, and Pregnancy.

Post by Talonflare » May 7th, 2019, 7:41 pm

Thank you for the reply and your suggested solution, but unfortunately I do in fact have pets allowed. Pets are being adopted and paired up but they aren't reproducing.

deedee_828
Reactions:
Posts: 90
Joined: October 24th, 2018, 4:32 pm

A Question Regarding Story Progression, Pets, and Pregnancy.

Post by deedee_828 » May 7th, 2019, 10:18 pm

And you have pets set for more than 1 per household? How do you know they are pairing up? I only find out when I get the message that puppies or kittens have been born. Can you pollinate pets? I've never tried that and you'd have to do it manually as that doesn't occur on it's own of course. Oh, what's the species limit for your town for pets? That could be stopping them from reproducing. I'm trying to think of as many things as I can to help you resolve this. I know how frustrating it can be to have a game issue, not game breaker, but something that's just not working the way you want.

deedee_828
Reactions:
Posts: 90
Joined: October 24th, 2018, 4:32 pm

A Question Regarding Story Progression, Pets, and Pregnancy.

Post by deedee_828 » May 8th, 2019, 5:22 am

I tried it and you can pollinate pets and even give them instant babies! So if you can't get SP to increase pets in town by breeding, you can do it manually. And it let's you select the donor too, so you know which pets are the parents. And I just used a random pet, which happened to be an elder and it still worked.

Talonflare
Reactions:
Posts: 3
Joined: May 3rd, 2019, 9:05 pm

A Question Regarding Story Progression, Pets, and Pregnancy.

Post by Talonflare » July 1st, 2019, 11:13 pm

Sorry for the late response, but I mean to say thank you Deedee, you've been a big help! I don't mind pollinating the pets manually, so this will be fine.

deedee_828
Reactions:
Posts: 90
Joined: October 24th, 2018, 4:32 pm

A Question Regarding Story Progression, Pets, and Pregnancy.

Post by deedee_828 » July 13th, 2019, 6:52 pm

Out of nowhere I just had a pet have 4 babies, the first ones in Midnight Hollow in my Town Jump game! After I saw that I wondered if you'd resolved your pet reproduction issues. Glad to see that you found a solution that worked for you.

Post Reply