Couple of questions about SP

The mod that's bigger than 80's hair. We promise to help tame the beast.
JohnL83
Reactions:
Answers: 3

Post by JohnL83 » May 15th, 2019, 10:35 am

First off, I have SP set to give sims dream jobs but it doesn't always do this. I understand this wont always work for some careers if it's not a Rabbit hole thing, but I have one game where there are many sims not fulfilling their dream jobs and several ARE rabbit hole jobs like Culinary and Athlete and a few in the music biz. It doesn't seem to be about how many are in whatever position. Some of the jobs the game will put them in can have upwards of 3 or more sims already working that job type, leaving their dream job with fewer employees. I end up just fixing it myself when I discover this, but if there's any advice as to why this can occur and if I can fix it to be automatic in most cases I am all ears...or eyes.

Second, in SP Careers, Job Performance, there is a setting that says "promote on the job". What exactly does that mean? It's default is False, so I'm wondering what that may change and I didn't see a description or missed seeing it in the FAQ's

igazor
Organizer
Reactions:
Answers: 203
Location: Everyone should strive to find their inner platypus.

Post by igazor » May 15th, 2019, 10:25 pm

I've never really understood the algorithm used with Dream Jobs. It should be up to the sims' LTW when they have a career-specific one, but there may be other factors as to why it takes hold sometimes but not others.

Under EA standard, if a sim reaches and maintains a Job Performance level of 100 at the end of their shift, they should get a raise, promotion, and possibly a bonus (unless Only One May Lead or something like that is in play to get in the way). If they were already at Level 10, they should at least get a raise or whatever it is you have SP set to provide for already maxed out career levels. If they "bottom out and are still at whatever the low performance threshold is at the end of their shift, they stand to get demoted.

With Promote on the Job, these things will happen mid-shift right away whenever the sim reaches 100 (or -100 or whatever the bottoming out threshold is). I never use this setting because I think it has a reputation for messing up the sim's work days/hours on the day of and following a promotion, although that may be more like a rumor or something I am not remembering quite right.

dreamsong1968
Reactions:

Post by dreamsong1968 » May 18th, 2020, 10:50 pm

I realize this is an old thread, but I am having a problem with dream jobs similar to the op. My sims have their dream job and are usually at level 2 or 3 before leaving home. (Moved to a new lot with their spouse and children.) A week down the road I check on them and they are randomly assigned to a different job. LTW is for a specific career so there should be no reason for this to happen. Currently I have 3 sims who are supposed to be in the science career and 2 of three were reassigned to the medical career. This has happened twice with these sims, but it has happened with the other family members after they have moved out as well.

My only Mods are Nraas: MC, SP, ET, OW, etc. I think I have everything but Tempest and the illness related one. Running 1.69 with everything updated. Limited CC--Fawkes, Scattergenes and Ephemera skins, body sliders from Le Wing, cmar body details, eyes and makeup (can't remember names atm), and Brnt Waffles hair and brows.

This save is in Sunset Valley but it has been gutted. All houses and buildings removed except City Hall and the school. All townies, ghosts and homeless sims were deleted with total annihilation. The only buildings added at this point are the grocery, science center, diner, bistro and hospital. There are 4 total households with 25 residents. There are 12 adults employed. (6 culinary between 2 rabbit holes, 4 scientists, and 2 medical)

I do have careers set to assign dream jobs, but I thought that was supposed to correct the EA progression habit of randomly assigning jobs. Any help would be appreciated. I don't know if I have one of my setting messed up or where to look for a solution.

igazor
Organizer
Reactions:

Post by igazor » May 18th, 2020, 11:23 pm

The path of less resistance there, especially for a world with only four households in it, might be to use MC to put the sims into the careers we wish them to be in and under SP Sim Options set Career: Allow Find Job to False.

dreamsong1968
Reactions:

Post by dreamsong1968 » May 19th, 2020, 12:31 am

Thanks for your reply igazor! I'll give that a try. As long as they will still go to work! They all seem to skip work quite a bit even with the Workaholic trait.

igazor
Organizer
Reactions:

Post by igazor » May 19th, 2020, 1:30 am

dreamsong1968 post_id=74156 time=1589862689 user_id=268 wrote: They all seem to skip work quite a bit even with the Workaholic trait.
Sounds to me then that they aren't being denied their dream jobs, but more like they are getting fired from it and then finding the next best thing?

dreamsong1968
Reactions:

Post by dreamsong1968 » May 20th, 2020, 11:13 am

igazor wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 1:30 am
dreamsong1968 post_id=74156 time=1589862689 user_id=268 wrote: They all seem to skip work quite a bit even with the Workaholic trait.
Sounds to me then that they aren't being denied their dream jobs, but more like they are getting fired from it and then finding the next best thing?
I hadn't even considered that as a possibility! I did as you suggested and they seemed to be sticking with the appropriate careers for as long as I played them. I had a lot of work to do to prepare for the next generation so actual play time was rather limited yesterday. I'll have to keep an eye on that when I get back in.