Pensions and elders

The original catch all. General game help, banter, things you should probably put in the correct forum, This is the place.
JohnL83
Reactions:
Answers: 3

Pensions and elders

Post by JohnL83 » January 12th, 2019, 10:53 am

Is there a way to retire elder sims who are "new" to the game so that they have a pension? I don't see this option anywhere and when I created my town I of course added a few elder sims. I'm not worried about the ones who live with working family members, but there are a few who live alone or only with their elder spouse and I'd like them to have a little money coming for retirement, but when I retire them at city hall none of them get any money and I don't see an option for retirement level or pension level, only "end pension" which none of my single elders seem to have. For right now I had them fill the part time jobs, but really I'd like to have them just be retired and taking it easy in their elder years. I know I could just give them funds, but I like the idea of them getting a regular paycheck, even if it's only a small amount.

Missy_Hissy
Reactions:
Answers: 4

Pensions and elders

Post by Missy_Hissy » January 12th, 2019, 11:13 am

Could you enroll them in a career, set them up to a higher level, then select the 'retire' option? That's the best way (I think) for them to get the regular pension.

JohnL83
Reactions:

Pensions and elders

Post by JohnL83 » January 12th, 2019, 4:21 pm

Missy_Hissy wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 11:13 am
Could you enroll them in a career, set them up to a higher level, then select the 'retire' option? That's the best way (I think) for them to get the regular pension.
I may try this, but I was hoping for an easier fix if there is one.

Mandelyn
Reactions:
Answers: 1

Pensions and elders

Post by Mandelyn » January 14th, 2019, 3:37 am

If I remember correctly the pension is based off the level they were at when the retire from their career. I can’t think of an easier fix than what Missy suggested.

Missy_Hissy
Reactions:

Pensions and elders

Post by Missy_Hissy » January 14th, 2019, 6:29 am

It's pretty straightforward to do and doesn't take a minute. You can add the career with MC, change the level, then simply retire them. It's the only way I can think of that will give them regular pension payments. :) And yes, the payments are tied to the level they're at in their career when they retire. So if you want them earning quite a fair amount per day with a pension, you might want to cheat them up to around Level 8+ of a career.

JohnL83
Reactions:

Pensions and elders

Post by JohnL83 » January 14th, 2019, 9:52 am

Missy_Hissy wrote:
January 14th, 2019, 6:29 am
It's pretty straightforward to do and doesn't take a minute. You can add the career with MC, change the level, then simply retire them. It's the only way I can think of that will give them regular pension payments. :) And yes, the payments are tied to the level they're at in their career when they retire. So if you want them earning quite a fair amount per day with a pension, you might want to cheat them up to around Level 8+ of a career.
Thank you! I was thinking they actually had to work in that job a few days or something. Sorry but I'm a bit thick at times. :-)
I tried this and it worked beautifully.

Missy_Hissy
Reactions:

Pensions and elders

Post by Missy_Hissy » January 14th, 2019, 10:16 am

You're welcome! Glad it worked for you! :yes: