If I didn't have bad luck.....

The original catch all. General game help, banter, things you should probably put in the correct forum, This is the place.
Bowlady1955
Reactions:

Post by Bowlady1955 » December 8th, 2018, 8:42 pm

I wouldn't have any luck at all......Monday my heat pump (that is less then 3 years old) decided to blow out ice cold air instead of heat. Called the installer and was told I would  have to have an authorized dealer come out to fix it (which I don't have the money for right now since we are 2 weeks out til Christmas). Then on Wednesday my BRAND NEW COMPUTER less then a month old decided to fry my mother board so it is headed back to the manufacturer. Then today I was billed twice for the same item from Amazon and the Post Office decided to charge me for 2 large flate rate boxes and a medium flat rate box instead of 2 medium flat rate boxes and 1 large flat rate box.

Anyone have any mojo you can send my way...LOL (cry) 

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!

Cheers
Bowlady

igazor
Organizer
Reactions:
Answers: 203
Location: Everyone should strive to find their inner platypus.

Post by igazor » December 8th, 2018, 8:56 pm

Good grief, that is a lot to happen all at once. I've had the fried motherboard on a new computer thing happen, was defective RAM causing it in my case, that did take a while to unscramble and I had to write a not very nice letter to the vendor to get them to cover it all more fully than they were prepared to. That was handled so poorly that they lost me permanently as a customer, both personally and at the corporate IT level (not that they really had much reason to care, the entity I work for isn't that large).

Anyway, hope things get better for you quickly and most importantly, stay warm!  :|

Sara_Darkees
Reactions:
Answers: 4

Post by Sara_Darkees » December 8th, 2018, 9:24 pm

It's terrible. Hang in there and remember, you're not alone. I don't know if it helps others, but it's always easier for me when I know that I'm not the only one living with problems. I remember when my motherboard burned down. The computer was old, and to find a motherboard for the it was almost as difficult as the old mods for my version of the game. I was sad without a computer. Now my phone is broken and it will return from the service not earlier than a month and a half. I wouldn't have survived the heat outage. I hope you have heaters or something. And I hope the weather outside won't be so harsh.

JohnL83
Reactions:
Answers: 3

Post by JohnL83 » December 8th, 2018, 10:20 pm

gloom dispair and agony on me .....  :-o   Sorry, I had a Hee-Haw flashback.
Geez Bowlady, that's horrible!  I'm getting a new PC after the first of the year and I'm praying not to have any issues like that! What company? I'd like to avoid them if possible if that's the kind of thing they are selling to cusomers! You can PM me the answer if you'd rather not call them out on the board. 

Tropical Insomniac
Reactions:

Post by Tropical Insomniac » December 9th, 2018, 12:43 am

Crikey, BL, that's one serious string of bad technology luck. I hope all that bad stuff is balanced out with something majorly good soon.

Bowlady1955
Reactions:

Post by Bowlady1955 » December 10th, 2018, 4:21 pm

I'm not worried about my new computer, the company is very reliable, they are picking up the tab for sending it back, repairing it and returning it. It's electronics, sometimes you get a bad one that no one realizes is bad, I was just bemoaning how bad my luck was last week. All is good, it's the holidays and I will get to spend it with family for the first time since 2015. So I'm happy even with the string of bad luck.