Nraas menu doesn't appear

Why won't that blasted mod show up in game? Hopefully we know!
Post Reply
Mister XxX
Reactions:
Posts: 3
Joined: April 26th, 2019, 7:49 am

Nraas menu doesn't appear

Post by Mister XxX » April 26th, 2019, 7:59 am

Hello.

I recently received to sims 3 and i am trying to mod it, i first try the woohooer and install it.
-In the right folder in my doc
-With a resource file
-I have a popup in the game main menu informing me of a personal script (the nraas)
-And nothing more. None of the mod option is active and the nraas menu isn't present.
-The launcher doesn't show anything in the installed section.

It's my only mod actually and i can't find a solution. Any good soul to help ?

Sorry for the english.

User avatar
Cassie
Reactions:
Posts: 56
Joined: October 17th, 2018, 5:17 am
Answers: 1

Nraas menu doesn't appear

Post by Cassie » April 26th, 2019, 9:41 am

Packages don't show up in the launcher, so that doesn't mean anything. Do you get the NRaas menu when you click City Hall?

ETA: You say this is your only mod. Don't you have the trial mods that come with the framework? The ones for no intro and no build sparkles?

Mister XxX
Reactions:
Posts: 3
Joined: April 26th, 2019, 7:49 am

Nraas menu doesn't appear

Post by Mister XxX » April 26th, 2019, 10:51 am

1/ No.

2/ ... ! When did this thing came ? I have : no intro + nobuild sparkles. Suppose it came from the resource file... So that's the problem ?

User avatar
sittingbear
Reactions:
Posts: 2390
Joined: January 20th, 2017, 6:00 pm
Answers: 4

Nraas menu doesn't appear

Post by sittingbear » April 26th, 2019, 11:04 am

Cassie wrote:
April 26th, 2019, 9:41 am
Packages don't show up in the launcher,
Script mods are actually packages the only reason they show up is because they have a script which the game is able to detect. Tuning mods and most CC don't have scripts that is the reason they don't show up.

User avatar
igazor
Organizer
Reactions:
Posts: 12067
Joined: April 8th, 2013, 6:00 pm
Answers: 50

Nraas menu doesn't appear

Post by igazor » April 26th, 2019, 11:05 am

Hi there.

What Cassie is referring to is this method for setting up the Mods Framework. The downloadable version comes with two small sample mods, NoIntro and NoBuildSparkles, that once unzipped and put into place are used to test that the Framework is functioning. If you obtained your Resource.cfg file elsewhere and set up your own Mods and Mod\Packages folder rather than using this download, then you would not have the sample mods.
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=G ... _and_Files

If you are getting the script mod pop-up when starting the game and it is showing Woohooer in particular is present, then the mod is loading. The question becomes why is it not functioning in-game to provide you with an NRaas menu of options on City Hall.

1 - Please confirm that your Mods folder and its contents are actually in your TS3 user game folder in Documents, not someplace else such as within the Program Files areas.

2 - If you have not already done so, please clear (delete) the scriptCache.package file (it may show up as just scriptCache if you have the appearance of file extensions disabled, but it's the same file) that would be on the top level of your TS3 user game folder in Documents. The file needs to be cleared (deleted) whenever the contents of Mods\Packages changes in any way, as do the four other cache files that appear on the top level of that folder, they will regenerate on their own the next time the game is launched.

3 - If the above doesn't seem to help, we will need to know what patch level your game is on and what kind of install this is -- Origin downloads, Steam, retail store discs, some combination or from some other source (which one)?

Mister XxX
Reactions:
Posts: 3
Joined: April 26th, 2019, 7:49 am

Nraas menu doesn't appear

Post by Mister XxX » April 26th, 2019, 11:49 am

Yeah that where i got the resource file.

1/ I have tried to follow the instruction so yes it is in document/El../The Sims3/Mods/packages...

2/ Tried and this is not the problem.

3/ v1.42.130 and i will just say : i can't apply new version. The origin of the game : probably discs.

I was hoping to have missed something (like point 2) but it seems reality catched me. Still thank you.

User avatar
Cassie
Reactions:
Posts: 56
Joined: October 17th, 2018, 5:17 am
Answers: 1

Nraas menu doesn't appear

Post by Cassie » April 26th, 2019, 11:51 am

Mister XxX wrote:
April 26th, 2019, 7:59 am
-The launcher doesn't show anything in the installed section.
sittingbear wrote:
April 26th, 2019, 11:04 am
Cassie wrote:
April 26th, 2019, 9:41 am
Packages don't show up in the launcher,
Script mods are actually packages the only reason they show up is because they have a script which the game is able to detect. Tuning mods and most CC don't have scripts that is the reason they don't show up.
I assumed OP was referring to the Installed Content window of the launcher, before you actually launch the game. Packages don't show up there, scripted or otherwise, it only shows Sims3Packs which have been installed using the launcher.
What you are referring to is the Mod Scripts Found notification after starting the launcher. OP mentioned that the mod does show up there.
Not that it matters, as Igazor's questions are much more to the point.

User avatar
igazor
Organizer
Reactions:
Posts: 12067
Joined: April 8th, 2013, 6:00 pm
Answers: 50

Nraas menu doesn't appear

Post by igazor » April 26th, 2019, 11:55 am

Mister XxX - The problem then is number 3. The current version of Woohooer available for download on this site will not function on Patch 1.42, there have been far too many changes to the game files since then. The current patch levels are 1.69 (Origin/Windows installs only) and 1.67 (Disc, Steam, Mac, in other words everything else).

May I ask please why you cannot patch up to 1.67 so that the current versions of the mods will work properly? EA's Superpatcher is specifically designed for this process, for retail disc installs in particular. Origin and Steam installs patch themselves.
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims ... r-patcher/

I'm sorry, but the game cannot be "probably" from legitimate retail store discs. It either is or it is not. You began by saying you recently "received" TS3. If it is not from a legitimate source, I am afraid there is no support to be had for applying script mods of any kind to it.

User avatar
sittingbear
Reactions:
Posts: 2390
Joined: January 20th, 2017, 6:00 pm
Answers: 4

Nraas menu doesn't appear

Post by sittingbear » April 26th, 2019, 12:52 pm

Cassie post_id=65718 time=1556293867 user_id=18582 wrote:
Mister XxX wrote:
April 26th, 2019, 7:59 am
-The launcher doesn't show anything in the installed section.
sittingbear post_id=65715 time=1556291056 user_id=16428 wrote: Script mods are actually packages the only reason they show up is because they have a script which the game is able to detect. Tuning mods and most CC don't have scripts that is the reason they don't show up.
I assumed OP was referring to the Installed Content window of the launcher, before you actually launch the game. Packages don't show up there, scripted or otherwise, it only shows Sims3Packs which have been installed using the launcher.
What you are referring to is the Mod Scripts Found notification after starting the launcher. OP mentioned that the mod does show up there.
Not that it matters, as Igazor's questions are much more to the point.
Ah yes I did misread what you where talking about my bad. And I know the difference between the Installed Content window and the Script Mod Notification window.

Post Reply