Saved from the save error 12

The original catch all. General game help, banter, things you should probably put in the correct forum, This is the place.
User avatar
igazor
Organizer
Reactions:
Posts: 12217
Joined: April 8th, 2013, 6:00 pm
Answers: 55

Saved from the save error 12

Post by igazor » June 23rd, 2019, 8:01 pm

Even so, it may seem like unfixed instances of Bridgeport and Isla Paradiso contribute to Error 12s. That's because of routing issues and stuck sims with the game constantly trying to reroute them, especially if without the mods to help or at least inform the player in a timely manner of what's going on. These worlds behave much better once their routing issues are fixed up, with OW in play to notify players of stuck sims sooner (and optionally reset them or let the player decide each time, and force reset elevators every sim night), and other mods like ErrorTrap and GoHere to help smooth things out once the obvious design flaws are taken care of.

In this sense, Error 12s for these worlds on any system with any even high amount of RAM are really more of a symptom of the underlying problem and not the problem itself. The game runs out of resources like usable memory because in addition to the built-in ~4GB usage limit it's using up far too much trying to force things to happen like make not actively played sims get into and out of their own houses (more so Isla P) or get inactive residents out of blackened out hidden rooms they had no business getting stuck in (Bridgeport) but never will be able to successfully.

User avatar
sittingbear
Reactions:
Posts: 2398
Joined: January 20th, 2017, 6:00 pm
Answers: 4

Saved from the save error 12

Post by sittingbear » June 23rd, 2019, 8:24 pm

igazor wrote:
June 23rd, 2019, 8:01 pm
seem like unfixed instances of Bridgeport and Isla Paradiso contribute to Error 12s.
out of their own houses (more so Isla P) or get inactive residents out of blackened out hidden rooms
I never had much problems with Bridgeport the games Stuck Check Reset does seem to be over zealous as I've had my own sim get reset home by it when he talking to one the other residents and then he traveled all the way back on his own to finish the conversation. The only time I've seen sims in those hidden rooms was when I let Register Auto-Assign and always in the ones on the ground floor. But I also tend to remake most of the lots out of habit so that could be why I don't see much in the way routing problems.

Same thing with Isla Paradiso I don't like the prebuilt lots and have always replaced them and I always hated the houseboats and turn those into pier homes.

User avatar
igazor
Organizer
Reactions:
Posts: 12217
Joined: April 8th, 2013, 6:00 pm
Answers: 55

Saved from the save error 12

Post by igazor » June 23rd, 2019, 8:53 pm

sittingbear post_id=67107 time=1561335869 user_id=16428 wrote: The only time I've seen sims in those hidden rooms was when I let Register Auto-Assign and always in the ones on the ground floor.
I meant the issue where inactive regular resident sims come out of their states of semi-hibernation when it's time for them to go to work/school or they are called upon to do something else, and they instantiate inside of the private NPC-only rooms instead of in a safe place like a MC or any kind of reset sends them to. That's not really Register having a say in what's going on. But yes, it's always on the ground floor and the solution I've found that I like is to have the NPC-only units on upper floors and reuse the ground floor units as public areas with laundry, gym, and recreational facilities. That's fun to arrange for many of us but a lot of apartment building remakes for players who just want to get into the world and play their own sims, though.

Anyway, I was just trying to explain where a seeming increase in Error 12 likelihood in EA's design-flawed worlds comes from. We are agreeing here that it's not quite the same thing as a better designed but just too large and intricate a world to play properly like Alpine or Setra or a world that somehow, however it was managed, just has too high a resident population for SP to be pushing around, etc. due to the 32-bit imposed RAM limitation.

User avatar
sittingbear
Reactions:
Posts: 2398
Joined: January 20th, 2017, 6:00 pm
Answers: 4

Saved from the save error 12

Post by sittingbear » June 23rd, 2019, 9:28 pm

igazor wrote:
June 23rd, 2019, 8:53 pm
I meant the issue where inactive regular resident sims come out of their states of semi-hibernation when it's time for them to go to work/school or they are called upon to do something else, and they instantiate inside of the private NPC-only rooms
That's actually a bug caused by IP as it changed the way the level skip markers were used. The port houseboat lots use the level skip marker for the stairs and I have no idea why EA changed those instead of the public room markers. I had forgotten about it as I usually disable IP when I'm playing a world that is not compatible with taxi boats. For some reason at least for me I have never seen that happen when IP is disabled.

starwe
Reactions:
Posts: 9
Joined: June 21st, 2019, 12:53 pm

Saved from the save error 12

Post by starwe » June 24th, 2019, 7:02 am

sittingbear wrote:
June 23rd, 2019, 7:23 pm
starwe wrote:
June 23rd, 2019, 7:11 pm
if you play in the ea worlds like bridgeport or island paradise, you will probably have this error mesage when saving. i recommend to you play in the custom worlds.And if your computer is 32 bit, i suggest you to pass the 64 bit windows system( of course you have enough ram for it, how to i know because this was the one of oldest my sims problems so i know that)
Error 12 has nothing to do with playing an EA world. Error 12 is an out of memory error meaning the game has exceeded 3.5 gig RAM limit which happens from playing too long or the Save has gotten large you can also get that error in custom worlds especially if the world was made too big like Alpine Country. None of the EA worlds were made too large they just got other problems.
Having a 64 bit OS helps but it's not going to stop it monitoring the games RAM usage and saving before the game reaches the Error 12 zone will.
no, i think you're wrong. Because i'm playing larger and detailed worlds than ea worlds. But my game loads faster than ea worlds noticeably, and it saves more quickly than in ea worlds. I don't know why, but ea worlds really loads slowly, and after a while( after playing) it begins to load much more slowly. And people always think that sims3 loads slowly because of this reason.

User avatar
sittingbear
Reactions:
Posts: 2398
Joined: January 20th, 2017, 6:00 pm
Answers: 4

Saved from the save error 12

Post by sittingbear » June 24th, 2019, 8:11 am

starwe wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 7:02 am
sittingbear wrote:
June 23rd, 2019, 7:23 pm
starwe wrote:
June 23rd, 2019, 7:11 pm
if you play in the ea worlds like bridgeport or island paradise, you will probably have this error mesage when saving. i recommend to you play in the custom worlds.And if your computer is 32 bit, i suggest you to pass the 64 bit windows system( of course you have enough ram for it, how to i know because this was the one of oldest my sims problems so i know that)
Error 12 has nothing to do with playing an EA world. Error 12 is an out of memory error meaning the game has exceeded 3.5 gig RAM limit which happens from playing too long or the Save has gotten large you can also get that error in custom worlds especially if the world was made too big like Alpine Country. None of the EA worlds were made too large they just got other problems.
Having a 64 bit OS helps but it's not going to stop it monitoring the games RAM usage and saving before the game reaches the Error 12 zone will.
no, i think you're wrong. Because i'm playing larger and detailed worlds than ea worlds. But my game loads faster than ea worlds noticeably, and it saves more quickly than in ea worlds. I don't know why, but ea worlds really loads slowly, and after a while( after playing) it begins to load much more slowly. And people always think that sims3 loads slowly because of this reason.
Not going to argue with you but I've played this game since 2009 and have used CAW since the first day it became available. Custom Worlds load faster yes but they also don't have as much code running through when they load they normally have half the spawners and they don't have auto-lot placement for EP lots like the Firehouse and the Consignment Shop which causes major decrease in load times as the game tries to place those lots the first time it's loaded for a New Game and update the spawners and among other things as it loads every single time. EA Worlds also have pre-made populations that also drags down the loading time as they have specific personalities that are coded even if a custom world has a population they don't have the coded personalities. EA Worlds also have a higher height than a custom world EA's have a height of 400 to 450 the highest a custom world can have is 300 and with but 2 exceptions all EA Worlds use the largest map of 2048x2048.
I've also taken the EA Worlds into CAW fixed the routing and removed some of the excessive spawners and other useless clutter and have had them load in 1/4 the time of an empty custom world. EA's worlds are cluttered which is also why they load slower the only thing that makes custom worlds seem bigger is they use less of the clutter to place more lots. I also know how to make a custom world look bigger than it actually is.

starwe
Reactions:
Posts: 9
Joined: June 21st, 2019, 12:53 pm

Saved from the save error 12

Post by starwe » June 24th, 2019, 11:21 am

sittingbear wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 8:11 am
starwe wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 7:02 am
sittingbear wrote:
June 23rd, 2019, 7:23 pm
Error 12 has nothing to do with playing an EA world. Error 12 is an out of memory error meaning the game has exceeded 3.5 gig RAM limit which happens from playing too long or the Save has gotten large you can also get that error in custom worlds especially if the world was made too big like Alpine Country. None of the EA worlds were made too large they just got other problems.
Having a 64 bit OS helps but it's not going to stop it monitoring the games RAM usage and saving before the game reaches the Error 12 zone will.
no, i think you're wrong. Because i'm playing larger and detailed worlds than ea worlds. But my game loads faster than ea worlds noticeably, and it saves more quickly than in ea worlds. I don't know why, but ea worlds really loads slowly, and after a while( after playing) it begins to load much more slowly. And people always think that sims3 loads slowly because of this reason.
Not going to argue with you but I've played this game since 2009 and have used CAW since the first day it became available. Custom Worlds load faster yes but they also don't have as much code running through when they load they normally have half the spawners and they don't have auto-lot placement for EP lots like the Firehouse and the Consignment Shop which causes major decrease in load times as the game tries to place those lots the first time it's loaded for a New Game and update the spawners and among other things as it loads every single time. EA Worlds also have pre-made populations that also drags down the loading time as they have specific personalities that are coded even if a custom world has a population they don't have the coded personalities. EA Worlds also have a higher height than a custom world EA's have a height of 400 to 450 the highest a custom world can have is 300 and with but 2 exceptions all EA Worlds use the largest map of 2048x2048.
I've also taken the EA Worlds into CAW fixed the routing and removed some of the excessive spawners and other useless clutter and have had them load in 1/4 the time of an empty custom world. EA's worlds are cluttered which is also why they load slower the only thing that makes custom worlds seem bigger is they use less of the clutter to place more lots. I also know how to make a custom world look bigger than it actually is.
well :) we are not arguing anyway. but i want to say something else because you have said one more reason of why i don't prefer ea worlds. ''EA Worlds also have pre-made populations that also drags down the loading time as they have specific personalities that are coded even if a custom world has a population they don't have the coded personalities.''
i don't know if you know. But it is said that there is a pre-made family in the island paradise named as scott family causes the lag in the game. I didn't play in island paradise but people say delete the Scott family. It is bugged. So i think pre-made families too may cause lagging and bugging.
So i prefer custom empty worlds and makes my own neighbours too by myself. I think this is the better way for a good gameplay

User avatar
igazor
Organizer
Reactions:
Posts: 12217
Joined: April 8th, 2013, 6:00 pm
Answers: 55

Saved from the save error 12

Post by igazor » June 24th, 2019, 12:21 pm

Let's remember if we could please that we all come to this site with very different levels of experience with the very many aspects of gameplay that TS3 offers and we all have our own playstyles and preferences. We are here to share information with and help each other out through our journeys with this game and the mods. Many players actually like the EA premade sims and will put up with whatever overhead they bring to the table (up to a point) to keep them in. Others get more of a "been there, seen that" feeling and prefer to purge them or limit their play to custom worlds.

There is no better way to play, as long as some semblance of decent game performance is maintained. Well, except my playstyle is better than everyone else's of course, the rest of you are doing this all wrong and I've been meaning to tell all of you that. :D

My experiences with the Scott household in Isla Paradiso is that the sims are fine once they are moved inland to a regular residential lot. It's their original home, a houseboat/port, that is flawed and should be deleted. The only thing I've seen unusual about them is that one of them is pregnant but doesn't know it yet as the game begins and, horrors, is not married to the other parent. The other three residential lots that are borked beyond belief and should be deleted/replaced or have a significant amount of time spent rebuilding them if they even can be fixed are Los Amigos, Medina, and Ichtaca (the castle). There are other flawed residential lots in that world, but not to the same game breaking extent as these four and it's easier to fix them up or leave them be as the player may prefer. A few of them are placed the wrong way around, for example, or have an entrance that is not their front door closer to a road than the front door is with the effect that sims have to run all around their lot to get in and out. That looks silly and may make them late for work, etc., but doesn't break the game with incessant route failures and lag like the above four are known to.

For more on making Isla Paradiso playable: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discus ... -ip-lag/p1

User avatar
sittingbear
Reactions:
Posts: 2398
Joined: January 20th, 2017, 6:00 pm
Answers: 4

Saved from the save error 12

Post by sittingbear » June 24th, 2019, 1:22 pm

starwe wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 11:21 am
scott family causes the lag in the game. I didn't play in island paradise but people say delete the Scott family. It is bugged
There is nothing wrong with the Scott family their houseboat is another story. The reason people say the family is bugged as there was a time when a mod was deleting their houseboat and they kept trying to go home causing routing errors. People where blaming the Scott's for a problem that was caused by a mod and even after people found out it was a mod actually causing the problem people still went around saying the family was bugged.


igazor wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 12:21 pm
My experiences with the Scott household in Isla Paradiso is that the sims are fine once they are moved inland to a regular residential lot inland. It's their original home, a houseboat/port, that is flawed and should be deleted.
Yeah the Scott families houseboat is pretty bad. I turn that into a pier house.

Post Reply